Thursday, May 31, 2007



And so it goes.....



Artists and Models affair at the old Central Terminal on Broadway in Buffalo this Saturday.




I wouldn't mind seeing this.....whilst I don't particularly care for Hallwalls, I'd be into seeing what the Central Terminal looks like now that it's been abandoned and vandalised over a period of, like, 25 years (I remember, many, many moons ago going there to meet my sister returning from college on the Amtrak from Chicago at, like, 3AM with my father). They are allegedly working on renovating it, but I'd like to see how that's actually progressing (they have allegedly been trying to renovate it for about 15-plus years now)......














....plus, it's been, like, 23 years since I'd been to an Artists and Models event. Hallwalls claims that this is the 20th event, but I vividly remember going to thee very first Artists and Models (before Hallwalls got their grubby little paws on it) in 1984 with Will and Quazi at a place right next to Shea's called "Cabaret 650" (at, of course, 650 Main Street). The Cabaret 650 is probably on my top three of all time best Buffalo clubs, along with The Continental (which, appropriately enuff, was sandwiched between, on one side - a church with a huge neon cross that said "Jesus Saves" - and on the other by Planned Parenthood) and The Adventure Club (a place at 124 Elmwood Avenue that used to really piss off the Allentown Latte drinkers who resided in that area)......neither of which exist currently.

.
Neither of those other two clubs, that is. The Latte Drinkers are still happily ensconced in Allentown....
.

New pics on the misc. picture page from last weekend (which actually ended with my return to Portlandia yesterday)......

.



-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home