Saturday, May 19, 2007

Too Many Deaths.....



......Rest In Peace to the following:



The Buffalo Sabres....

They who were simply out-coached. Lindy Ruff simply doesn't know how to tell the talent he has that when the ice is in thee, thee shittiest condition it has EVER been in, that you CANNOT play Ice Dancing with multiple horseshit passes back and forth! The Goddamm Swedish Judge may give you a 9.9 but when the other team scores more goals than you do, they win!!

I mean, yeah....it's cool to do a double salchow followed by a triple-lutz and then pop a wrister up where Momma Hides The Cookies in the middle of January, when it's, like, 20 degrees below zero outside in Buffalo! Cool....yeah....do that then.....

When it's in the upper 60's outside, and the Goddamm ice surface is something resembling slush, you simply shoot, shoot, shoot and shoot some more on the net!! Hope to pick up a garbage goal on a scramble, a rebound given up by the goalie, a screen that somehow gets through....IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, LINDY!!!!!

Yeah....OK: So, the ice was shit indeed. But GOOD coaches MAKE ADJUSTMENTS (often stated by several people as to WHY Marv Levy never won the Super Bowl)....BAD ones think that what got them there ("there" meaning the playoffs) in the first place is thee tried and true formula, even when it's not working......and they refuse to try something else!

So much for Jack Adams Trophy #2.........






Les Schwab....

The stereotypical-looking Westerner and a typical Oregon success story! On borrowed money, after having lost both of his parents at the age of 15, Les started a tyre shop in Prineville, Oregon, in 1952 and today, it's probably thee largest tyre and auto chains on the Pacific Coast and Intermountaine West/Great Basin region.

Bashed by a few as running a sexist company (although, almost all of the links to her "evidence" are broken on this chick's website....hmmmmmmm), Les struck me as a pretty all right guy (I have obviously never met the man, but had one dealing with his company....got brand new McPherson struts all the way round my car. They work great! Fair price! Very friendly people......I'd go back there again....and probably will for needed brake work), and very few others from my research have had issues with his stores.

His stores sponsor thee largest High School Basketball tournament in Oregon, and donated to many other charitable causes (including the Oregon Special Olympics).









Happy trails, Les.....



THE OBITUARY IS HERE






Veronica Mars......

This one reeeaaaallly hurts! I mean, with rabid fans such as Kevin Smith and Stephen King (Smith actually had a cameo on Veronica Mars, as did the lead in his film Chasing Amy, Joey Lauren Adams [who, by the way, has thee greatest voice]), you'd think SOMEBODY at CW Networks would listen.

Alas, I guess not.

But, I mean, have you seen some of the shit that passes for TV nowadays? I mean, seriously, it's a farce!! Pure and absolute rubbish like Pussycat Dolls and Survivor - Season Ten: Newark, New Jersey are actually allowed to stay on the air whilst one of thee very few quality shows to show up on TV in a long-ass time gets the ax?? I mean, I saw this one show on Versus after a Sabres match. It was called some shit like "I'm Ted Fucking Nugent and I'm gonna eat your flesh for dinner" or something stupid like that!

Seriously, when I saw this show, I literally thought that it was a MadTV or Dave Chappelle parody or something. But no, it was real, and it was on TV, and right there, big as life, was Ted Nugent, acting like the asshole that he is!

And things like that get and stay on TV????????????

Meanwhile, a well-written show, with a main character who's very intelligent, biting dry sense of humour, rather attractive girl (even though her on-again-off-again boyfriend on the show sounds like he's talking with a mouthful of marbles), an interesting single father person raising her, and some pretty weird friends........and that gets axed??

Or, as stated in obituary II, quote:

Self-described "huge fan" Angela Hanigan, 31, told The Associated Press on Wednesday she would be "extremely crushed" but not surprised by the show’s demise."I don’t expect shows with brilliant writing and three dimensional characters to stay on the air for very long," the teacher from Fullerton said dryly in an e-mail.

And they even love this girl in the Czech Republic!!!!

Go to hell, CW Network!!!! And people's jaws drop in shock when they come over to my house and discover that, indeed, I only have thee barest of bare-bones basic cable TV. The ONLY person I know who has a lower level of TV service than I is my friend in Denver (who still gets TV signals over the airwaves).

I guess now, the TV will just literally have no reason to come on at all........

Latest Reports out of the CW Network camp had a spokesperson stating that there is a distinct possibility that the 9PM - 10PM Tuesday Night slot curently occupied by Veronica Mars might be filled with a new show called Ow! My Balls!!!



I mean, when I was studying in London, I took a theatre class taught by this really hip, cool guy who is a theatre professor at the University of Wyoming. Really nice guy by the name of Bill Downs, and usually when you think "Theatre Professor" you think arrogant, pompous pretentious jerk. Bill Downs is probably about as real as they get! Probably thee least pretentious person I have EVER met. So Bill would tell lots of bizarre stories about Hollywood. Apparently, this guy used to be a writer for Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and he just got soooo sick and tired "....of the pure tripe, the endless amount of absolute crap I was churning out that people felt was somehow funny, that I just couldn't take it anymore."

And he just got so fed up with bad writing, hollywood sit-com politics, all that shit! So he packed up his wife and all of his possessions, took a psychotic pay cut, and went to teach theatre in Cheyenne.

I suspect that Bill would know where I'm coming from.....

THE OBITUARY IS HERE

Veronica gets two obituaries

OBITUARY II IS HERE

















The English Language in the United States.......

Now, in some nations, such as.....oooooooh......say, Canada, for example, they have two OFFICIAL languages! French and English. Now, therefore, even products sold in British Columbia and Nunavut (who possess very minimal, if any, Francophone populations), have to have both, French and English writing on their labels, like.....say, if you buy a bag of Alley Cat brand cat food in Kamloops, B.C., on one side, it'll say "Alley Cat" and on the other, it'll say "Mistigri" (which, from my VERY LIMITED knowledge of French, is something having to do with cats, and it's not usually used in a glowingly positive context). And, I'm sure in Sept-Iles, Quebec, they're proably wondering "What the hell is Le 'Alley Chat'???" Grapefruit juice?? Other side of the carton will say "Pamplemousse" or something like that. OK....fine, fair to BOTH OFFICIAL languages! Cool...makes sense.....OK.

So when I go to my local WinCo supermarket and I'm about to buy a box of nukeable popcorn, my first thought was that I was accidentally in the Mexican food aisle. Then, I thought: "Hmmm.....wow, those Mexicans did a pretty good rip-off of the Act II nukeable popcorn label......wow, that's impressive."

Then, I look carefully.....and I'm like, holy shit! WHEN Did Spanish become this nation's second official language? Whaaa? It didn't?? The WHY THE HELL is this on one side of the container of our products??????















THE OBITUARY IS HERE

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Should have a new song and video out before The Fourth of July....keep ya posted....


The end is here.....more soon.....

-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home