Sunday, April 29, 2007

Random Sunday Morning Ramblings.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -















.

.

.

.

.

Goddamm, these guys are good......SCARY GOOD.....






- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




Allright.....now, could you possibly get ANY more knee-jerk?







Although, I hafta remember: It is Utah, after all....so that may explain a few things......







I were going to skool there, let's say, and they pulled this shit? Sorry, I'd be gone and demand a refund of tuition monies pre-paid for the semester. I wouldn't feel any safer.....actually, no: I'd feel LESS safe!!











- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Too long overdue.....

I had
read about this for some time whilst I was existing in Denver. It was pretty sad that this wasn't designated a historic site sooner.

When I was living in Denver, before National Historical Site designation by the Federal Government, for descendants and other tribal members to go to Sand Creek and reflect, or mourn or what have you, they had to contact the property owner (some rancher who used to have people pay to take tours of the part of the massacre that occurred on his land.....this same rancher referrers to the event on this web site as a "battle/massacre"........although a "battle" usually occurs when BOTH sides are capable of fighting and fighting back) and make arrangements with him beforehand......


.......another landowner (where another part of the massacre took place) wouldn't even allow them on his land....

Still, one can say too little, too late.....but maybe it's a start!

Wanna reconcile?? Take
John Fucking Evans' name off of every public site, mountain, street, etc. etc. in Colorado.......that'd be a good start.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This week's dose of absurdity......



I'm on the E-Mail subscription to The United Pro-Choice Smokers Rights Newsletter......man, and some of the stuff I read in there should just scare the hell out of you whether you smoke or not!! Here's a couple of goodies -






  • Ohio sets "danser distance" - I love this article. I mean, so what if patrons aren't allows to rub their grubby little paws all over some chick? That's not what is amusing, nor do I really find that to be of great concern. What's funny is the points this author makes and his writing style.







  • Living through a civil war in my homeland?? Nah, no worries! But that ham sandwich left on the cafeteria table!!!!!!!!!! Shit, now THAT traumatised me more than ANY enemy tribesman taking off my mother's head with a machete!!

Sadly, though, it really kinda embarrasses the smokers-rights movement when they pop this article on their web site under the main heading- "The Slippery Slope After Smoking Bans" - and don't realise that the article they've just re-printed is a goddamm parody! Jesus......

.

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And, whilst wasting time on YouTube.......

  • Realised that, no matter how cool the artist is.....that videos from the late seventies are really creepy, strange and unnerving.....and whassup wif the ping pong balls?

  • Realised also that, despite that everytime that Goddamm "Mickey" video came on TV, I wanted to manually remove each one of my teeth from my skull individually with only a pair of pliers (yes, I despised [and still despise] that song and that video THAT much), Toni Basil did SOMETHING decent.

Lene Lovich* does a far superior version of Be Stiff....but Toni Basil's got nicer thighs.......even though Lene has got a cooler wardrobe.......and a better voice.

* If you watch very carefully in this video of New Toy, you WILL catch Thomas Dolby in it......he originally wrote this tune for Lene Lovich.

More sooner or later.....

-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home