Monday, March 19, 2007

Random Monday Night Rantings........








Ooooer......





....all right! So......uhhh.....
Niagara WASN'T the Second Coming I talked 'em up to be! But still.....Kansas looked AWESOME! I still have Kansas staying true to form and choking and dying in the Sweet 16 in my brackets (which actually don't totally suck this year like they did in years past: 7th place out of 28 so far - usually in years past, after the first round, there is a cleric performing Last Rites on my brackets)......stay tuned!





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





Some seriously pissed off grannies.....





Interesting watching the local news footage for the Portland Protests that were held this weekend (alongside San Francisco, Denver, NYC and the big one in Washington, D.C.) to protest the War on Iraq. It seems like a LOT of the protesters are older ladies. And then I remembered a really good article about some
Seriously Pissed-Off Grannies (their own words, not mine) who protest on public rights-of-way in front of the U.S. Army Recruitment Office in Portland.......TOO cool......made some great points on WHY more younger people aren't doing this. Even here in The People's Republic of Portlandia, it really displays today's instant-gratification society tells kids to sit on their asses and play with their Wii.





Perhaps, to get kids offa their asses and out in the streets protesting this rubbish, maybe we need Jello to write a sequel: "
Holiday in Anbar Province"*





*For those readers who might be too old or too young to recognise this link, these are lyrics to The Dead Kennedys song (Jello Biafra was the lead singer) "Holiday in Cambodia" which suggests that the listener leave their creature comforts and go experience real living in the rice paddies of mid-1970's Cambodia





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





Speaking of which.......





......they had these fourth-year anniversary protest things in several cities. Yet I heard nothing about anything in Buffalo! I mean, come on!! There is always at least one shit-stirring hellraiser screaming on the corner of Bidwell and Elmwood about the war! And now the only thing I hear is that a bunch of people are gonna meet inside the Unitarian Church and mumble a lot and go "tch! tch!" about how bad the Goddamm war is???? Come on, go to Goddamm Starbucks if thass all you're gonna do!!! I mean, this is the town where the
B.P.D. Gang Suppression Unit was brought out to a bicycle riding event by Critical Mass in 2000.....a town that takes no shit......I'm a bit disappointed!





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





I don't haf kids, sooooo.....





.....someone please tell me what the hell "The Wiggles" are??





I had seen
an article from The snOregonian living section posted on the bulletin board at work (as a joke because one of our planners bears a veeeery creepy identical likeness to the "new wiggle" member.....or "the Yellow Wiggle" as others refer to him as) and I had read a teensy bit of the article until I found out that they're playing at The Rose Garden!!!





Now....
The ROSE GARDEN? I mean, Jesus.....I'd thought they'd be playing at Joe's Day Care and Termite Removal or some shit like that......wow.....shows you just how out of things I am.....





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





Oooooooh.......reeeaaalllly???





Interesting what a recall can tell you. So, with this Gordie pet food manufacturing company that has
just issued a recall....if you look at their list of all products recalled, it begs the question: So, HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE is there in your company's manufacturing and composition of, say, Eukanubia or Iams (at, like, $1.29 per tin of wet cat food) versus, say, the manufacturing and composition of Wegman's Brand label or President's Choice (at, like, 39 cents a tin of wet cat food)??





Or do you have a different assembly line for each product name and label?





Or do you just have one assembly line and you suddenly change product content and manufacturing procedures whenever you switch and stop making Iams and start manufacturing Price Chopper Bargain Generic Private Label brand??





Um-hum......NO WONDERS my cats would never eat Iams products!!





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





I'll be posting to the pics page a narrative of a road trip I took this weekend on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm feeling rather poorly with a flu or a cold or some shit like that, and I'm gonna try to get some rest....





I haven't even looked at ALL of the pics I took, but I'll leave you with a few fotos during the duration of a sunset I took from my kitchen window in The Hills of Cedar, Oregon.....beware, though, if you click on these pics, they may take a bit to load, as they were at 7+ MegaPixel setting, but still.....I think they're kinda stunning, and not bad for my second batch of pics I've ever taken with a digital camera!









































-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home