Tuesday, February 06, 2007

......and two degrees above zero in Western New York overnight.



Christ, how I miss the snow.



Don't get me wrong, I am not being sarcastic. Hell, we got four inches here a few weeks ago, and I was ecstatic! Portland panicked, everyone stayed home, news had 25-hour-a-day coverage of the "severe winter storm" and I was just enjoying myself!

The idea of sub-zero temperature doesn't even bother me! Hell, when I resided there, the weather never wore thin on me. In a bizarre sort of way, I rather enjoyed it, actually......





















Meteorologically speaking.....NOTHING of ANY note ever happens in PDX. The occasional earthquake and maybe a volcano or two not withstanding....but still, it's more fun to go and play outside in a blizzard then I'd imagine it would be in an ash storm (since we have two mountains susceptible to volcanic activity within 100 mils of Portland) or to have a walk on on of our many fine bridges and have the asphalt split in half below you during a 7.0 or higher.......











Still, though....there is something to be said about being able to ride my skooter all over the Metro area in early February....

-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home