Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Random Tuesday Night Observations.....



  • Ernie -v- Bobo

Again, this year, to see just HOW badly I can't pick point spreads on NFL games in Oregon's State-run NFL betting game, Sports Action, I go head-to-head against Bobo to see just how poorly I do at this exercise in futility....

For those of you who are wondering who Bobo is, it is the little trained monkey that is hidden inside the lottery terminal that takes your betting slips and is woken up when the betting player selects the "Quick Pick" option (and you thought all along that a microprocessor randomly picked your numbers)......


Bobo did hit ten games out of ten games last year on one card for me, paying, like, $1700 on a $2 bet. So, being a big fan of both, monkeys and rainforests, I promptly donated $170 to keep Bobo's habitat intact......













Right. So, in any respect, I picked 16 games this week with much consternation and thought, whilst Bobo picked his 32 games. OK....here's how the percentages came out:




- Ernie - 8 of 16 for 50%

- Bobo - 16 of 32 for 50%

....I'll keep you posted on the results for this week, unless Bobo replaces Mike Mularky as Miami's Offensive coordinator.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  • .....Christ, I am soooooooo in the wrong line of work.

Went to Washington State's Long Beach Peninsula this past weekend. As stated on a previous post, our party was scheduled to stay in some sort of Bohemian 50's RV thingy.....

.....wow. Just wow....

I mean, it was amazing! Hundred-fiddy a night for people of some slight semblance of affluence to be able to preview where they will end up living when their 401k totally tanks!! But this is to experience it WITHOUT the little real-world goodies such as tornadoes, wife-beater tanks tops, Miller High Life cans strewn about, meth labs, domestic violence, mullets and abundance of Chevy Camaros in various states of disrepair lying around!

Man, what a great racket! That Limey that owns the place must really be coining it in........shit, one-fiddy a night??? Thass half-a-month's rent at a real trailer park!!



I mean, I had fun and wasn't upset about it at all....I was just enraged at myself for not coming up with that idea first!!

But man, you HAVE GOT to see pictures of this place. Coming up in about four days on the pics page.





















Now, though, a couple pics from the narrow gauge railroad at Cripple Creek, Colorado, on the picture page.

-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home