Saturday, September 16, 2006

Well....what had been.....

......scheduled at my favourite little motel on The Ocean as a beer drinking weekend on the beach to celebrate my housemate's birfday, had been demolished by this construction crew (who will rent, like, all six rooms at the motel for two weeks at a time) as they bumped us out of our reservation because they're unexpectedly staying longer this time.

Jeff and Maureen (motel owners and great folks whom I've kinda gotten to know) instead gave me a free room totally on the cuff for a future night for my inconvenience.

Typical Oregon......

So, instead, my other housemate talked us into staying at this weird place owned by Limeys on Washington State's Long Beach Peninsula. Even though those bastards have a smoking ban in bars (The bastards of Washington State, NOT The Limeys), this place we are staying at just sounded too weird......I mean, read the quotes at the bottom of the page!!

Plus, they booked us some sort of accommodations called "The African Queen"!!

Apparently, what this is is a 1950's MEGA-SIZED Recreational Vehicle that, to quote what one of the Limeys told us over the telephone: "You've not stayed anywhere like this before....."

Errmm.......OK.......

I agreed based on the condition that we go horseback riding on the beach......everyone in my party reluctantly agreed.....

.
.
.
.
.
More on Tuesday with pics!!

-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home