Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tuesday Night Random Rants......




  • HATE negotiating and bitching and all the irritants dealing with getting a new apartment!! The entire process just rubs me the wrong way as it is, but the topper is the pet deposit/pet fee. Now, WHAT the fuck is this?? It is well known that children under the age of, oooh......say, ten cause far more damage than two cats will!!!!! And a fair number (NOT all....not even MOST, but a fair number) or parent or parents figure "Shit....I pay rent, I don't own the place and thus have no vested interest in whether my kid takes permanent magic marker to the walls!!" But try, as a property management corporation, tagging a damage deposit on somebody's children! And people STILL get tax credits for HAVING them!!! WHAT is up with that?? IF ANYTHING.....childless individuals should get their security deposit automatically sliced in half!! I mean, I'm not against young'uns or anything (during a weak moment, I almost would not have minded too badly having one myself.......then Wal-Mart announced that the sale was over and they went back to full-price)......but this shit's ridiculous!!

  • Interesting when people who just came to America from all over the world come into my office and ask questions about Land Use. They're really cool and great and appreciative folks, but it's just weird as to once after I explain the procedure to them for Land Use, then they ask me, like, "I just get occupant(cy) permit from you building bureau. I now move into my shop and set up. Can you please turn on power for me?" or "My car get hit, I give insurance information to other driver, and other driver he give me his. I hear nothing yet. Could you tell me status of this, please?"

.

.....man, talk about CENTRALISED government wherever they came from.

.

  • Had a few E-mails (very few people actually publicly comment anymore after my ex-boo's family and her two friends started making threats to me and anybody who commented on my last blog, the 16,740,473rd, so they just E-mail me) asking me about the origins of Multiplier No

Award-winning composer The Toth and I stopped at a nearby public house (something we have been known to do once every great while) and, on one of the television monitors at this establishment, there appeared to be a wagering game involving number-selection of some sort. After a couple pitchers of flavoured soda with which we slaked out thirsts, we had decided to partake in this wager. The Toth made his usual puckish remarks and something he said made me inadvertently blurt out "That would be a capitol title for a song, dear chap!"

I cannot remember what it was he said (could be something along the lines of "I wish Republicans would just do something that didn't suck for once" or "I like all beer" or something of that sort....it was a typical Toth-ism), but it struck me as brilliant!

The Toth then responded ".....and your point, Good Sir? Song titling is merely an arbitrary exercise, much like how these numbers on that television monitor are selected every five minutes in Salem, our fair Capital. Why, almost anything can make for an exquisite song title....."

And, as he looked at the betting card that the Publician handed to him, he insisted, "Why, even this text here.....on this piece of wagering slip......'Multiplier - No'......... would make an ideal title for a rhapsody!"

.

And so, we went back to our citadel and laid down the track and recorded it!

Thus it was born...........

-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home