Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Some people have to learn to laff.....

...this was at my old supermarket where I used to buy my groceries and where a large number of people I know and used to know either had worked or still work there......

....WHY does it not surprise me there in Denver that people were pissed off at being upsold smokeys?? I mean, if you do that here in Portlandia, the customer would just literally blurt out laffing at you and tell you to have a nice day!! Even in Western New York, the customer would laff....

Man, some people have got to lighten up and light up......

.

.

Speaking of lightening up, have a peek at this chart.....find your city on there.

Just fascinating.....especially in terms of how little spatial geography has to do with these results! There is just as much a chance that two cities within a relatively close proximity have a similar "anger ranking" as there is that two close together cities have a large disparity in scores!

Numbers 4 and 6 (Baltimore, MD and Wilmington DE....maybe an hours drive) as well as #99 and #100 (Bangor, Maine and Manchester, NH......like, three hours away) are very similar in scores.......

.....but what about the fact that someone is twice as likely to go postal in The Emerald City (#43 Seattle, WA) as they are only 2 and 1/2 hours down I-5 in The Rose City (#96, Portland, OR)?? Or far more likely to absolutely lose it in The Queen City (#37 Buffalo, NY) as they would in The-Something-Or-Other City (#86 Rochester, NY).....and THAT'S just 75 miles down I-90?????

Wow.....not all relationships are geographic......

.

.

....two of the most evil words when combined just walked into my office today:

Seattle

Developer



-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home