Friday, July 13, 2007

Now, once every so often, I'll fly on airplanes.......

......and I have some understanding and sympathy to BOTH sides as to what was alledged to have happened.

But this lady has witnesses to back this stuff up!!

I mean, I despise young children or infants on a flight in the seat behind me kicking and screaming and crying to no end!! Still, though.....seriously....I have never once complained. I deal...it's just part of flying!

But
what this flight attendant allegedly did was really rather upsetting!

Yeah, they put up with all kinds of shit from the travelling public......yeah, they get laid off sometimes.

And also.......

  • Near-free (or even totally free) travel on their days off
  • Whatever city they end up with at the end of the evening, their hotel room is pre-paid by their airline for a 10 to 25 hour layover, depending on their schedule (I KNOW! I had a job where used to drive pilots and flight attendants from the airport to these hotels [often a Westin.....never any worse than a Holiday Inn.....in the heart of Downtown Denver - sticker price for you and I??? Try $115 to $200 a night!!!!] )
  • New (well, in the past seven years or so) "self-service" style sodas and snacks! Ooooops!!! You were asleep in the first go-around for the flight attendants for a pop and a bag of peanuts? Too bad. They won't be around again AT ALL for another 120 minutes. Nope! YOU get up and walk to the rear of the jet and ask for your pop and snack! Don't be surprised if you get a snarl because you interrupted a gossiping session or they had to put down their newspaper! Sorry.......I just remember the days of flying (not terribly long ago at all, actually) every twenty, thirty minutes or so "May I get you something?" the stewardess would politely ask...........

Flying sucks now (well...DUH!)..........and we should all get more time off to take road trips or the train or something......

I'm out for the night......

-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home