Sunday, July 02, 2006

Random Sunday Afternoon Ramblings....


  • Took the Cascades train to Seattle this weekend (COOOOL train). One of My People was leaving the Bureau of Development Services, and PDX B.D.S. farewell parties usually go after 1AM.....this one was no different! So I KNEW I wasn't gonna be in ANY shape to drive the three hours to The Emerald City to see my ballclub play, so I took the Cascades train!

  • Shouldn't have tried to sing karaoke to The Jam's "Going Underground" after my forth Long Island......Paul Weller never slurred so nicely.....

  • Rockies bullpen snatches defeat from Jaws of Victory!!! Still, though....they're not officially out of playoff contention by the middle of June, but rather with three well-played games (like, today would be a good start), The Rocks could be on top of the National League West Division in the middle of July (NO, this is NOT a mis-type)!!!

  • Seattle's fans are still ignorant, arrogant and boorish (like, just getting up outta their seats and getting their fucking $12 Latte in the middle of an exciting play [and blocking everybody's view] instead waiting until a pause in the action), but SafeCo Field still isn't a bad place to watch a ballgame. It's certainly not thee best ballpark I've seen a match in (PNC Park in Pittsburgh is), and it's not as good as Coors....but it's not horrible, so.....

  • PLUS....I got to see Jim Bouton toss out the first pitch!!!

  • Happy 4th.....

(Sorry.....no .jpegs today.....I'm not on my computer)!!

-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home