Monday, June 12, 2006


I can't believe I went to work today......











Well......in retrospect.....then again....maybe I can!

I had been tormented all weekend, torn between if I was going in Monday Morning, or was going to come up with a creative excuse like "explosive diarrhea" to "water emergency, none of my housemates are home and I have to wait for a plumber!!!"

This IS the World Cup!! I could be dead by the time The Americans get into another one........And I've not missed watching a U.S. match on TV in the World Cup since 1990!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I was fucking livid that they had even discussed the idea of keeping The Government open today!!! Didn't they realise what today is?? The first U.S. match in the World Cup!


I mean, 90% of the civilized world literally shuts down for the World Cup.

Well...that PROVES that the U.S. is a barbaric society!

I could end up missing an amazing upset of a heavily favoured Czech side.....or a crushing loss for our US side! I finally rationalised that, hell, this is a first-round match, and every team gets three games no matter what, and the thing is that if the United States won and ended up advancing, THEN, then I'll blow off work for a later match in a couple weeks.....like a match that really means something! Like "win-or-go-home" round-of-16 or Quarterfinals or something!!

So.........

......I went against the advice of friends and went to work today!

Best move I had ever made!!

Ya gotta love those happy-go-lucky, optimistic pieces.....glad to see this guy has much faith in the resiliency of our lads on the pitch.....




Tea Drinker AND Raging Alkie?? No dice!!!!


Ya know, one can always hope that they find a way to make sure I'm around long enough to become the next Bukowski....but not this time.....


-E-


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home