Wednesday, June 07, 2006

So anyways......

As a post-script, somebody told me that they couldn't post! I looked at the settings, and I guess the default setting is to block out all comments from those who aren't members of Blogspot or Blogger or whatever the hell this thing is called.......

....well, I changed the default to now allow anybody to comment.

Happy commenting!



Nanny state.......


Now, this is absurd!

No, I'm not big on Internet Gambling......but to legislate one's stupidity with a law that quite literally cannot possibly be enforced.....well.....well.....it's just very.....uuhhh.......Seattle-esque!!




Only in my house could......


...the firing of a housemate be greeted with overwhelming glee and envy by the other housemates! The sheer happiness for him....the jealousy towards him for being able to go on the dole....ahhh....the world of work! Gotta love it....


And, in two days.....the beautiful game in the ultimate contest.....


That be right friends......Copa Monde.....in Germany begins Friday! And I just looked at the odds......

.....now at work, I was literally drafted into a World Cup pool where I had nooooo idea how, when or where the "random draw" was held!! All I knew is I came in Monday Morning, and there's this sheet with everybody's soccer teams on it on my chair.

"OK.....uhhh.....what is this??"

"Oh Ernie.....it's the random pool draw for the World Cup. T---- is running it, and it gives some of us who don't know anything about soccer a chance. Oh, by the way, you owe five bucks for it!"

"Errrmmm......for what?"

"For the random pool! Your teams are listed on that sheet that was left on your chair!!"

"Squeeze me? WHEN was this draw? WHO drew the team names? WHAT teams did I draw?" Huh?? What???

Shit....this mysterious "Matt M." (best buds with T----, the guy from my work who is running this thing) somehow drew Germany and Brasil......errrmm......OK.....sure......



OK...here are your teams and the odds-to-1 to win the thing!


Brazil
3.75

England
8

Germany
9

Argentina
9.5

Italy
11

France
13

Holland
15

Spain
17

Portugal
26

Czech Republic
34

Sweden
41

Mexico
51

Croatia
67

Ukraine
67

Ivory Coast
81

USA
101

Poland
126

Serbia & Montenegro
126

Switzerland
126

Australia
151

Korea Republic
251

Paraguay
251

Ghana
301

Japan
301

Ecuador
401

Tunisia
401

Angola
751

Costa Rica
751

Iran
751

Togo
751

Saudi Arabia
1001

Trinidad & Tobago
2001


And Ernie drew what two teams, then??

The Czechs? Nope! Argentina?? Yeah, as IF!!! OK, so, you got ONE decent team out of two.......all right, I'm guessing the Italians!

Uhhh.......................no!

No....no.......

I get Trinidad and Winnebago and fucking Togo (wasn't that a cartoon or a bad 80's band or something) in this supposed random draw!

Guess they tend to do things like that to the newer guy in the office to see what they can get away with.......

-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home