Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Haven't blathered on a random manner for a while now, sooo.......

  • Does anyone care who wins the Superbowl?
Didn't think so....I really couldn't give a toss.....but as long as New England loses, I'll be happy.

  • What DOES this mean???










For a couple years, after finally completing an Odysseus-like journey from being bound captive in the depths of hell for more than two years, I finally made it safely back to my homeland (where things weren't in anywhere near disarray that Odysseus found his homeland in upon his return). So, for the next couple years after my return, I had seen these stickers on cars with ever increasing frequency.

WTF??


I HAD made it my mission to find out what the hell this is.....and what does it mean....


......then I forgot all about that and had another Drop Top.


Whilst at The
Portland Saturday Hippy Market one Sunday afternoon, I had noticed a booth with a big green heart in the outline of the State of Oregon emblem. I walked up, said "hi" to the guy, and grabbed a card real quick and took off (I was in a huge rush). Got home later that night, and plugged in the web site. Found out what it was, what it stands for, and ordered one offa the website. It goes on the trunk of my skooter in about three months....

Today, The bOregonian wrote a pretty interesting piece on it here....the guy who came up with this idea can be found here.....


  • Too much fun....

A friend of mine dragged me and a bunch of our friends to the roller derby last Saturday Night ('cause her BoyToy is one of the referees). Now, I didn't know what to expect....I was thinking it was gonna be like what I had seen on TV growing up....with the big ole' padded rail surrounding this banked oval and girls clawing, punching, scratching and generally beating the hell outta each other like in the 70's!

Well, no. They actually made it a legitimate game (really dunno if I can call it a "sport" yet).....where you can jostle, shove, push and what have you. But, if you fight, you actually get tossed from the match!! And they cut off the beer sales at halftime (which would normally piss me off....but who wants to drop $5.25 for a 12 ounce PBR anyways?).....then went to the after match party at some bar in SouthEast......probably one of the more overall fun nights I've had in a while....and besides: ANY event where we beat Seattle (be it soccer, roller derby, or tiddlywinks) is usually worth the price of admission.....














More later....

-E-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home