Thursday, January 10, 2008

Twist and shout.....

WTF??


An actual tornado struck Vancouver, Washington (basically a suburb of Portland, OR) a few hours ago. I used to live in Vancouver in 2001 and 2002. Just too bizarre....I mean, the Pacific Northwest just doesn't have tornadoes!! We just DON'T! Between 1960 and 1995, ALL of Washington State got a grand total of 55 tornadoes! I mean, that number also includes non-events, where a 45MPH funnel cloud actually touches the ground!

Windstorms.....yeah....OK....about one really nasty one a year.....and I felt one minor earfquake in 2002 whilst at work in Downtown Portland....


.....but not tornadoes! Nuh-uh.......


Like a kick in the shin.......


This story was weird (look at the headline: ONLY The bOregonian would use a term like "dust-up").

I'm not terribly familiar with this band, but apparently they're from Portlandia. At least the Sacramento, Calf. police got it right and hauled them BOTH in.....usually it's just the male who gets hauled off to the clink.

This is from what I hear anyways.....I've never had cops called on me for domestic violence, nor have I been what I'd consider a victim of domestic violence (worst that ever happened to me was one ex-girlfriend threw me into a wall, but I wasn't physically harmed at all, just shocked to no end....though believe me, I DO bring that side out in certain individuals), but from what people tell me, it's usually the guy who gets sent off with the red card.

This was smart, I say.....drag 'em both in and sort it all out.....



The title of The Shins latest album?



"Wincing the night away"



Errrmm-hum....I'll bet....










And, ending on yet another music video note.........

Goddamm!! I NEVER knew that he made a video. You really have to read the hyperlink directly below to understand....

Wesley Willis was one of my heroes! I actually have a picture of me head-butting with him at the 15th Street Tavern in Denver. I'd seen him live twice, and was going forra third time, flying from PDX to BUF to catch him at Mohawk Place in January, 2003. I flew United Airlines, and I remember it being one of thee worst headaches CAUSED by an airline in my life (and I fly A LOT)....shortly after finally landing in BUF at 2:00am (plane was supposed to leave Chicago at 9PM Central Time - left at 11:45pm Central Time) I totally missed the show. I wrote a Wesley Willis-style song about United Airlines the next night after about, like, ten Labatt Bleues at The Old Pink......I THINK I still have it written down somewhere.

It's not very complimentary towards the friendly skies.

Rest in peace, Wesley....we will always love you like a milkshake.....

Wesley Willis - Alanis Morrisette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home