Friday, September 21, 2007

Not nice to fail to find time for your blog.......

......anyways....




  • Our squad finished dead-ass-last in the pub quiz this past week. Now I see why. The theme was television. Geeeze, I thought they were gonna start asking questions about Marquee Moon and Tom Verlaine....man, woulda truly nailed THAT shit, probably woulda finished first.....instead, we get things like "Name a spin-off of the show 'Love American Style'!" as we finished dead-ass-last.

Honestly, though?? I haven't watched a TV show since "Veronica Mars" and that's been thee only show I'd watched on a regular basis since "Melrose Place"!!

Purely for laffs a few days ago....TRIED to watch the series premier of some show called "Kid Nation"......

......I didn't make it through the first 15 minutes, seriously! I just shut the TV down!



  • Got assigned to some sort of weird program at work called the emergency management system (or something like that). First I'D heard about this shit, that's for sure. Apparently, it's mandatory....and they put me on some sort of team where, when a nuclear missile hits or a 9.0 rocks our world, I spring into action! The E has been placed on something called the "Building Damage Assessment Team" ("E!! WHICH structure suffered the direct hit??" - "It B.D.A.T. building!")

Now, I know LITERALLY NOTHING at all about structural composition and specs. Thee only thing I can guess about what I'd do is that I would walk around amongst the ruins with a walking stick, walk up to a building, poke it with the stick, and if it starts to crumble, I go on the radio and say "Roger that! This one's fucked - call in (pick one: Wrecking Ball/Bulldozer/Air Strike/The Buffalo Bills Offensive Unit/12 of Bass Ale)"












...Mmmmm-kay......


Actually, though....I was told that the orientation training class would be accompanied by teaching materials such as these easy-to-follow cards (shown below) that The City had purchased from http://www.airtoons.com/:































































































Now....sports.......

  • WAS gonna jump to Atlanta this weekend to see my Portland Timbers in the semi-finals.......airfares approaching $500 quickly scared me offa THAT idea. They ended up drawing 1-1 and I'll be at the match Sunday at PGE Park!

  • Bills STILL suck.....film at 11!

  • Friend of mine had THREE highspeed broadband computers at the ready Tuesday at 7AM Pacific Time when TicketMaster let 'em loose!! STILL couldn't get tickets to the Ice Bowl....woulda been a small contingent flying to Buffalo from Portland for that match had we been able to score the seats......which, according to some rumours, had sold out in 13 minutes!

    STILL, though.....the majority of tickets (that appear to have been made available to the general public) look like they stayed in Western New York, with not a huge number of out-of-town scalper/broker assholes getting their greasy hands on tickets! For THAT, I'm happy....


Humour.........


Welcoming the SLUT into the neighbourhood......

More later.....

-E-


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home