Sunday, July 29, 2007

And on a beautiful, sunshine-free Sunday afternoon.......



The Beautiful Game yesterday achieved what......



....a dictatorship, an invasion from a foreign occupying country, and years of sectarian violence (as a result of the aforementioned invasion) failed to do: Unify (however briefly) the various peoples of the nation of Iraq!

Go ahead and bash Football ("soccer" as it's known to Americans) all you want.....but has a Super Bowl or a World Series ever stopped a Civil War at all....??? Not routinely, but just once, even??

Nah....didn't think so.....



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -










.




Today was the first blast.....

....of the Marmot Dam on The Sandy River.


Usually, I'm NOT huge fan of Portland General Electric......but today, they done good. $18 million in costs to totally remove this abomination. Go right ahead....jack my electrique bill up.....this is one increase I'll actually be very happy to pay!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


New road trip story on the pics page.....


Enjoy!

-E-

1 Comments:

Blogger Buannan said...

"Go ahead and bash Football ("soccer" as it's known to Americans) all you want.....but has a Super Bowl or a World Series ever stopped a Civil War at all....??? Not routinely, but just once, even??

Nah....didn't think so....."


Maybe that is because only American teams (and a couple of Canadian teams) play these games, and, the last time I checked, the US and Canada weren't in a civil war nor have they been in many, many years. Sure, the games are shown all over the world, but it is quite different to have a game shown somewhere and to actually have a national team playing in it.

However, I will tell you now that I knew who won without having to look. I was in Vancouver, walking down the street toward Stanley Park and a line of about four honking cars filled with yelling Iraqis drove by. Now, if I were in the US, I might have thought we were being invaded, but, since I was in the safety of Canada, I knew what was up.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home