Thursday, July 13, 2006



A BLOG FOR ALL OF WASHINGTON COUNTY......



OK...OK.....FIRST OFF, I am publishing as a private citizen........NOT as a representative of any governmental agency or bureau or department whatsoever......




.....BUT, I've been reading about the huge controversy here locally: They're putting a Mega-Lo-Mart on the very edge of my local unincorporated area (Cedar Mill) but OFFICIALLY within the veeery outer edge of the City of Beaverton (who happens to be my employer)......the part of Beaverton that borders Cedar Mill.











People wanna lynch the bureau I serve, which really irritates me. They spew arrogant, ignorant and ill-imformed shit like "Unfortuniately, we were undermined by the Beaverton City staff....."

The Board of Design Review had to approve it, really, they had no choice...the City Development Code WAS followed....everything we did WAS DONE above board....and, by statute, it HAD to be approved. Neither we as planning staff nor The Board of Design Review tried to undermine ANYBODY!

A LOT of this came down to annexation! In my unincorporated part of Washington County (Cedar Mill), Beaverton sees a tony bedroom community (well, MY part of Cedar Mill certainly is not tony, but still, I had to use that word in this post) where it can provide essentially the same services that Washington county now provides, but at a much higher tax rate, according to some people!



















Hell, The Mayor of Beaverton (Rob Drake) even called The Mill "Bohemian"!!!! I mean....now, when the very pro-business Mayor of the City of Beaverton implies that the residents of your little hamlet are "Bohemian".....shit's just too funny....

.

It's kinda funny to think that I work for this guy's Community Development Department.....













"...and then, Little Johnny, after the big, bad, evil (Phil) Knight was destroyed (in court), Nike happily joined the Beaverton Family, and we all lived happily ever after!"



.




Discovered a GREAT blog by My People fighting back against The Crusades of the 21st century: Preemptive Karma

.

I'll see some of you over the next week.....look forward to catching up on things....


-Ernie-




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home